The Tag Team Edition
Join us April 23, 2018, at Jethro’s BBQ – Drake, for the 12th Annual EAT-A-THON. Once again, icare partners with the Delta Theta Phi law fraternity to raise money for local charities.
The EAT-A-THON features local attorneys and law students who compEAT to see who can eat the most chicken wings in 15 minutes and simultaneously raise the most money for local charities.
This year 12 “tag teams,” composed of lawyers and law students, will compete for 12 local charities. Visit the pledge page to support your favorite tag team and its chosen charity.
The table will be set for this lineup of worthy nonprofits, and their tag-teams:
- Ben Parrott, Attorney
- Drake 1L Bryanna Walton
- Youth Emergency Services & Shelter (YESS)
- Michael Dayton with Nyemaster Goode
- Drake 3L Chas Cahill
- Beacon of Life
- Rob Evans with Grefe & Sydney
- Drake 3L Bianca Prosper
- Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation
- Ed Cox with Orsborn, Milani, Mitchell & Goedken LLP
- Drake 2L Alec Osland
- Courage League Sports
- Lucas Draisey with Davis Brown Law Firm
- Drake 2L Adam Kiel
- Kick it Forward
- Matt Sahag with Dicky & Campbell Law Firm
- Drake 3L Jake Oeth
- Kids First Law Center
- Van Everett with Whitfield & Eddy Law Firm
- Drake 1L David Newkirk
- Seeds of Faith Early Learning Center
- Polk County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Bridget Penick with Fredrikson & Byron
- Drake 1L Bevin Holloway
- James A. Albert Foundation
- Jordan Hutchinson with Patterson Law
- Drake 2L Spencer Willems
- The Native Fund
- Kyle McCann, formerly of Brick Gentry, and now with the Native Fund
- Iowa 2L Jared Manternach
- Nick Gerhart, Chief Administrative Officer at Farm Bureau Financial Services
- Drake 3L Kacy Flaherty
The EAT-A-THON has raised over $100,000 in pledges for local charities! icare is proud of the EAT-A-THON tradition–particularly the event’s ability to empower current law students to make a difference for something they care about.
The contestants in years’ past have competed for local charities such as the PCBA VLP, Iowa Legal Aid, Puppy Jake Foundation, Amanda the Panda, Justice for Our Neighbors, Kids First Law Center, YMCA Partners, On With Life, Progress Industries, Orchard Place, the Boys & Girls Club of Central Iowa, Woodward Academy, the Animal Rescue League of Central Iowa, Iowa C.O.P.S., the James A. Albert Foundation, Courage League Sports, the Iowa Association for Justice, Broadlawns Medical Center Foundation, and the Cedar Valley Humane Society.
The contestants raise money by soliciting pledges, with the help of a team of “wingmen,” from generous donors who pledge an amount of money for each chicken wing a contestant eats (a per-wing pledge) or an amount of money regardless of how many chicken wings the contestant eats (a flat pledge).